Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Garden Tuesday Indoors

Behold the Cub Scout Plant:

It came to us 12 years ago, from a Cub Scout dinner.  It's been used to propigate at least a dozen new plants.  But Kellie killed hers when she came back from college earlier in the summer.  So, last week, as we were packing her things so she could move to start her "big girl job", she suddenly demanded that I make her a new plant.

Well, these things take time.  But I cut 8 branches off the Cub Scout Plant, put them in a clear coffee cup, and now we wait for it to root (there are 3 tiny roots already).  She'll get her new plant at Thanksgiving.

And, no, I don't know what the Cub Scout Plant is.  I just know that it's perfectly fine without being watered for a week, and doesn't like too much sun.

Happy Garden Tuesday, everyone!

5 comments:

Donna Heber said...

What a beautiful healthy plant you have. It looks so nice in the clear glass vase.

SissySees said...

Sigh. I used to have a green thumb. Of late, I've been under-watering which leads the Knight to over-water, which leads to death.

Pam said...

You are so good to your daughter. I think the plant is pretty.

Lapdog Creations said...

Wow, 12 years, eh? That's amazing!

Sue said...

My kitchen plants all need some work. They need trimming and some need new pots. Now that the weather is better it may actually get done.