Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Garden Tuesday: A Blast From the Past

Bet you thought I fell off the planet, right?  Not really.  But things have been hectic.  And I've been nostalgic.  So today's Garden Tuesday is a retrospective.
 This is my yard in the spring of 2005, when my little boys really were little.  Note the tree to the left of the boys in this picture; that's a Bradford Pear.

And at the extreme right in this picture you see the same Bradford Pear as it stands today.  The blue spruce behind it is not the same as in the older picture, but it is a twin to that tree, planted the same day.
Happy Garden Tuesday, everyone!

10 comments:

pam said...

Look at your little boys!!!! I'd love to see more blasts from the past!

SissySees said...

Blasts from the past are sweet. Thanks for reminding me that Gg has a birthday right around the corner.

~~louise~~ said...

Now that's putting things in retrospect Marjie. I'm with Pam, I'd love to see some more "blasts from the past" too!

Perhaps nostalgia is taking hold of you because the month is coming to a close...Thor is missed...

Two French Bulldogs said...

so cute
Benny & Lily

Ann Made Studio said...

Pretty landscape!

Ann Made Studio said...

Pretty landscape!

Lapdog Creations said...

Glad to hear you didn't fall off! Hope all is well!

Sue said...

I was looking at our trees today thinking how much they've grown since we planted them. I hope they survive the drought this year.

Pam said...

Look how small the boys look!

Big Dude said...

Your yard looks really pretty and healthy