Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Cupcake Flower

Due to too much going on overwhelming my pea sized brain, I haven't even gotten to try out new pie recipes from my pie books found via the Wall Street Journal.  I hope to change that tonight, but I have to go back to analyzing our tax returns in a few minutes.  The IRS never ends...

Anyway, so this is the best I could do for an "original" dessert:  a Cupcake Flower.

Yellow cake batter (box mix or my favorite recipe, somewhere on this blog)
Chocolate Whipped Cream:
     1-1/2 cups whipping cream
     2 tbsp cocoa powder
     1/4 cup sugar
     1 tsp vanilla extract
Whip the cream until thick but not holding its shape.  Stir in the cocoa powder until fully combined, then add the sugar and vanilla, and beat until stiff.

Frost the cupcakes with a good thick layer of chocolate whipped cream, arrange in a flower shape, and sprinkle plenty of colored sugar atop each: pink for the petals, yellow for the center, and green for the stem and leaves.

And hope that your husband doesn't say the cupcakes feel gritty, as mine did; the boys assured him that there was no sand in the cupcakes!

11 comments:

pam said...

That's a cute idea!! I have to work on my county business tax this weekend :(

SissySees said...

Cute!! I'll have to remember that when it's my turn to do dessert for a meeting.

Pam said...

Great idea! My daughter would love this.

~~louise~~ said...

A splash of creativity is sure to get those tax returns in line.

Thanks for sharing, Marjie. They are adorable:)

Two French Bulldogs said...

very nice....you cook, sew and make goodies...wanna stay here, BOL
Benny & Lily

Anonymous said...

Cupcakes and taxes -- two words I've never used in the same sentence.

Lapdog Creations said...

What a fun and cute idea!

Sue said...

That's a cute presentation. We all like cupcakes at this house.

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

What a great idea with the cupcakes. Would work well for a birthday too! Sorry about the tax. Mum has finished hers, thank goodness. Our financial years ends 30 June here in Oz. Have a wonderful weekend. No worries, and love, Carol (and Stella and Rory)

Mickle in NZ said...

Well done, producing such "girly", feminine cup cakes amidst a home full of blokes and tax time. The plate looks so pretty!

grace said...

how clever! i've seen folks go to a lot of trouble decorating two or three dozen cupcakes with a very detailed design when all they really needed to do was this! :)