Friday, August 24, 2012

Drive-By Posting

This is a drive-by posting, so you know I'm not lost, strayed or stolen.

Ryan got his driving learner's permit in late May, when he turned 16.  Since then, every time Dan goes to the supermarket for milk, cereal or whatever, Ryan drives.  Dan's a great driver; I have every faith that he's helping Ryan out.  Anyway, when they went yesterday, in addition to milk, I wanted 2 Granny Smith apple, ricotta cheese, and "a couple of boxes of chicken crackers for Dad."  This is what they bought:

Evidently, the young male definition of "a couple" is somewhat different than mine.  My dearly beloved was delighted.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

14 comments:

~mel said...

Okay... that's funny! I think it's a male thing when it comes to any kind of numbers or measurements :)

Two French Bulldogs said...

BOL
Benny & Lily

Sue said...

Yup, the males in the family agree that's a couple. Men and women don't seem to speak the same language sometimes.

~~louise~~ said...

Oh that's so funny Marjie. Those boys!!! I can't believe Ryan is driving, oh goodness...

Diane said...

LOL that is so funny. Thanks for making me laugh. Have a great weekend Diane

Dexter said...

I guess you can just never have enough chicken crackers.

Mango Momma

SissySees said...

It's a man thing... if a little is good, a lot is better.

Anonymous said...

Some endorsement. Now I want to sample a chicken cracker.

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

Hi Marjie, same thing at our place. Our youngest Son is learning to drive too. Last one thank goodness hehe. No worries, and love, Carol (and Stella and Rory)

Mickle in NZ said...

Dearest Marjie - I've looked at this post several times, and each time I laughed out aloud.

It is too bad for you that Granny Smith apples and Ricotta probably seem super healthy stuff to Dan and Ryan or you would have received generous amounts of these as well. I just really hope that they remembered the milk!

Lapdog Creations said...

LOL... love their idea of "a couple" ... glad you said TWO apples and not "a couple" ... :)

Blond Duck said...

My dad always bought things in threes, and now I do too.

Pam said...

Too funny!

Mary said...

bwahahahaha, that's exactly what my brothers would have brought home for a couple of boxes! I love it.

P.S. Tell your son that 6'4" is way past my definition of child as applied to labor laws. Once my kids hit 6', I'm going to find all sorts of new "labor" to keep them busy. hee hee