Sunday, February 27, 2011

More Sewing

This weekend, I moved on to the dark slate blue velour. The first item up was another version of the Vogue dress, pattern 8409 View B. I really like this pattern. Note that the color in this picture is MUCH brighter than it is in reality. There's a picture later on that comes much closer to the reality of it.
Next was a modification of Butterick's pattern 3389. The original buttons up the front, which I don't much like, but I did like the princess seaming of the top. I also lengthened the sleeves to 3/4 length, inspired by the fact that it was 35 degrees out and the snow might be melting a little bit. I know I'm an optimist, but hope springs eternal!

Last was a top inspired by a short sleeved burnt orange top I bought in an outlet mall in Rhode Island around 1976. That was the only orange top I've ever loved, and it still resides in a drawer here, in sad shape, but still inspirational. I found the basis for this top in New Look pattern 6015, view D, and took off from there. I think I love this top, too, and may well make it again.

The color of this velour appears much more vivid in all of these pictures than it is in reality. This detail shot of the neckline is a very good approximation of the actual color, which is very close to gray.
GMarie also brought to my attention "Me-Made March", in which participants are encouraged to wear their own creations, and post pictures of each day's outfits. Easy enough, right, other than the picture part? Anyway, I signed on, and I'll doubtless just post summaries on the weekends, and maybe even try to remember when I made each thing.

Up next: rethreading my serger, and trying out some tan velour fabric. Hope you're all having a great weekend!

9 comments:

Lapdog Creations said...

Great projects!

Sue said...

I hope spring is on the way to PA. It's warm and springlike here today though I think we're due for a thunderstorm tonight.

You are inspiring me to drag out the sewing machine and make something.

Faye Lewis said...

Where in the world are you getting that gorgeous fabric?

Diane said...

You have been busy again!!! Diane

Mickle in NZ said...

I so love the style of the dress - the neckline wiht its fabric crossover, and the fullness in the top half of the sleeves yet they taper so gracefully.

Rethreading sergers is always "entertaining". Mine is comparatively easy compared to my dear Mum's newer fancy model - hers is guaranteed to get the "re-threader" muttering and swearing!

The Blonde Duck said...

That looks really pretty on you!

FYI--you're an awesome mom for letting your kids put choc. chips on their waffles!

SissySees said...

Love that last top/style. I think I've mentioned before that I just discovered grey as a wardrobe staple last summer.

Linda said...

I wish I could sew something other than scrap fabric:(

gMarie said...

The pictures will be the hard part for me and finding time to blog again. I haven't done any sewing in days - except hand sewing the binding on the quilt for the Princess.

I'll be so happy to get my house back. Visit has been nice.

Your dresses are lovely. g