Last week, Chan gave me this "Stylish Blogger" award. Well, I have never considered myself stylish, so, thank you Chan.
First, with this award, I'm supposed to tell you 7 things about myself. Gee, I"m not that interesting, but here goes!
1. I always considered myself a cat person, so it seems strange that I have this giant dog hanging around. Well, mastiffs are very calm and quiet, perfect for a cat person. (I do enjoy other people's dogs, however; I can enjoy their antics and then send them home! It's like some people feel about children, right?)
2. The evening meal here is sacrosanct. If you are in residence, you WILL arrive for dinner whenever I serve it, be that 7 or 10PM (and yes, it falls in that range). You will eat what I'm serving and like it. As Burt Reynolds said in some movie a long time ago, "Special orders DO upset us!" If you have a friend over, he/she is expected to eat with us and like it, too.
3. No electronic crap at the dinner table. No radio, no TV, no cell phones. I confiscated a texting cell phone once, and no one has dared bring their phone into the dining room again.
4. I'm not big on dusting. I operate on the theory that if you keep your grubby fingers off the furniture, the dust won't get really ugly for at least 3 weeks. Note that this theory only works in the rooms that no one's currently using (college kids' bedrooms, for example), but the dust tends not to land too badly in the rooms that are in great use.
5. I operate on the theory that there's nothing I can't do or figure out. I'll never admit defeat or incapability.
6. I don't have lots of jewelry, and I wear every bit that I have every day. I've never taken off my wedding ring, and I wear my watch to bed, because I can't stand to be without one. (I wear a Timex, so I don't worry about ruining a "good" watch.
7. The last time I wore pants (other than maternity pants once in a while) was early August 1983. Once I couldn't wear my size 3 Jordache or Sergio Valente jeans (pre size inflation, now probably a size 0), I decided I'd stick with dresses. I never wore jeans except on weekends, anyway.
Now, to pass this on:
1. Diane, whose photos of life in France and England are stunning
2. Joanne, who offers us a history lesson with food every week
3. Larry, giving us a look at every day life and food
4. Linda, the Alberta Ranch wife, whose life we can only imagine
5. El'bow the mastiff in Belgium, and his brother Hauwii
6. Mischka and Hoover, airedales in Germany who look like lots of fun
7. Honey the Great Dane, and her new kitten, having fun in Australia
Happy Monday, everyone; hopefully I'll feel more like writing about food in a day or 2!