Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Garden Tuesday: Flowers, At Last!

Busy week last week; 2 active projects for the business, 2 more in the planning, plus trying to finish 2 long sleeved dresses I cut out and never sewed?  I must be nuts.

Oh, well, I'm enjoying the beginning of our spring flowers.

The forsythia are blooming everywhere.

 The rhododendron outside my kitchen window started showing its flowers this morning.  Today, when I look out the window, I see flowers!
 Lots of daffodils, although I don't mean to inspire daffy-envy in Karin.
 And there are violets in the lawn on my terrace.  Yes, and lots of clover, too.  Don't judge me by the poor quality of my lawn.  At least it's green now.
 The magnolia tree is blooming, too!  I am always amazed that a southern tree does well here.  In the lower right corner you can see my grape vines.  I cut the tarnation out of them a couple of weeks back. We'll see if they grow grapes instead of leaves this year.
It's supposed to rain this afternoon and tomorrow, and then be warm again, so by next week our yard will be awash in pinks and whites! Hooray!

Probably almost everyone else has been enjoying spring for weeks, so I hope you enjoyed this peek at the beginning of the season here in my little corner of the world.  Happy Tuesday!

9 comments:

Debbie said...

It's so beautiful! I live in the high desert... lots of brown, dusty hills. LOL

pam said...

Yay!!! Finally getting your flowers!!!

Nellie said...

Bees like clover and dandelions, and we definitely need the bee population! Glad spring has arrived! Oh! I will have a Cookbook Wednesday entry tomorrow. It is pre-scheduled to publish by 9:00 EDT.

Big Dude said...

Enjoy your spring as it's moved into summer here already

Lapdog Creations said...

All I can say around here is ahhhhh choooooooooooo!

Anonymous said...

Those are some beautiful shots from your garden.

Yael

Anonymous said...

Sigh, on the top photo. That's lovely.

Pam said...

Pretty!!!

Claire S. said...

Very pretty. We're finally seeing green around here. I missed that haze of green on the trees that you see right before they bud out in leaf - it happened that quick ! Plants are starting to pop up as well, no flowers yet although the neighbour's tulips are blooming. Not sure how much planting will happen this year. Bob's been doing a lot of digging for me this past week and I picked up 2 clematis to replace a lost one.