Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Cookbook Wednesday

I've found any number of cookbooks at used book sales.  A couple of them have been published by farmers, or at least by the editors of the Farm Journal, which is kind of the same thing, right?

I was pretty pleased when I found a couple of recipes tucked in the front cover of this book by its previous owner.  I like seeing a little of the personality of whoever else has enjoyed a cookbook.

Their table of contents is pretty straightforward, and they cover a lot of ground.


(and here, my camera died, so I had to take up using another while the batteries recharge.)
 There are plenty of pretty pictures, obviously from the 1970s, judging by the layout and colors.
 I need to try this Chiffon Pie.  My dearly beloved will whine that I'm making him fat, and I'll be able to smugly inform him that it contains minimal sugar.
 Recipes from all over, including a pretty long story about beef enchiladas.  Who knew that enchiladas have their own story?
 And a goodly section about recipes from the Old Country(ies).



 This is Cookbook Wednesday, which I'm hosting while Louise is on sabbatical with her family.
 Other Participants:




9 comments:

Poppy Crocker said...

Thank you for linking me! I love finding things tucked into old cookbooks too. Sometimes the notes and clipped recipes are at least as entertaining as what's actually in the cookbook!

Faye Lewis said...

How many cookbooks do you have?, and how/where do you store/display them? I have lots of them, but your collections rivals mine!

SissySees said...

I love it! The notes and clippings are the best...

Lapdog Creations said...

Love old cookbooks, esp with the clippings tucked in.

Pam said...

I love looking through older cookbooks. It's fun to see how some recipes fads have come and gone and how some have stood the test of time. It looks like a good cookbook.

Debbie said...

I love to find parts of people's personalities too!
I did not get something made in time this week. I was gone for a few days and it just didn't work out. I'll be back next week tho!

Anonymous said...

I'm rather intrigued by the beef enchilada story -- read as much as I could.

Big Dude said...

I'm getting really close to believing you really like cookbooks.

Diane said...

I love the old cook books, I have found some really special recipes in some of them. Have a great weekend Diane