Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Garden Tuesday: Peaches, again.

The boys brought back a few more peaches over the weekend, sadly, the last of the season, and something had to be done with them. Flash of inspiration: Girard's Peach Mimosa Salad Dressing! It's sweet, so it should work in a baked product, right? Here you have....

PEACH MIMOSA PEACH BREAD

3 cups flour
2 cups sugar

1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup peach mimosa dressing
1/2 cup milk
5 peaches, chopped small
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Stir together all the dry ingredients. Beat in the eggs, dressing and milk, and beat for one minute. Stir in the chopped peaches and nuts, and turn into two greased loaf pans. Bake 50 minutes for 9"x5" pans, or 1 hour for 8"x4" pans. Let cool, then wrap and store overnight before cutting for best flavor.

If you haven't rushed to the store for your Girard's Peach Mimosa dressing yet, add another 1/4 cup sugar, another 1/4 cup milk and 1/4 cup vegetable oil in its place. It won't be quite as peachy, but I'm sure it will still be delightful!

(And while my artsy picture sure is cute, I probably won't work that hard at setup again for a while. I need to spend my time cooking!)

7 comments:

Pam said...

I like your "artsy" photo - it's such a cute tea cup and plate. The bread sounds wonderful.

Lapdog Creations said...

YUM-O! Please send ....... lol

gMarie said...

OMG! Love your little luncheon plates. You know, it's probably a good thing I can't manage to get to your little piece of the world because those might have to go home with me. I have a wee problem . . . . g

SissySees said...

Love the cup and plate. The bread sounds incredible. Whoda' thunkit?! Salad dressing bread?he

Dawn said...

I love, love, love peaches.....sounds so good!

HermitJim said...

Certainly looks good to me! You do have a way with food, girl!

The Blonde Duck said...

I think it's cute!