Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Garden Tuesday: Plums!

Well, I guess that even though the wedding plans are pretty well firmed up, tiny crises are going to continue to plague me!  I've been a pretty inconsistent poster the past couple of months, and it's not going to get any better, apparently.

But over the weekend, I strolled down to our orchard, and found our three plum trees teeming with beautiful little plums!

 From a little farther back on the second tree, you can see the plums scattered over the branches!

I picked in excess of 50 of them; since this is still about 40 in this bowl, you can surmise just how tiny they are.  But they are lovely and sweet, with just a little tang to the skins.

I can't find any recipes for plums, but I'm thinking of attempting to create maybe a cobbler with some of these.  And another trip to the trees is probably in order.

Happy Garden Tuesday, everyone!  See you next time my brain is untangled.

9 comments:

Big Dude said...

I love sweet red plums - too bad I'm not closer so I could help with your what-to-do-with-them problem.

Lapdog Creations said...

They look delish! I saw some teeny-tiny plums at the Farmers Market on Sunday, but opted to leave them behind at nearly $10 a pint (esp when I spent $8 on flat peaches).

Sue said...

You can make plum pie. Put in your thumb and pull out a plum. The squirrels have eaten most of our plums or at least taken a bite from each of them.

Two French Bulldogs said...

Oh my goodness! That's a great surprise
Lily & Edward

grace said...

how cool! i've never even thought about the fact that plums come from a tree, but i now i want one or three in my backyard. :)

Pam said...

We had that type of plum tree in my yard growing up! I loved eating those sweet & delicious plums.

I hope the remainder of the time until the wedding is not stressful!

pam said...

Have you ever made a plum clafouti? I am so jealous of your plums!

Anonymous said...

Plum pudding? I've never had it, but sounds deliciously Dickensian.

Dexter said...

Our plum trees were a total bust this year (don't worry, the blueberries, peaches, nectarines, and apples made up for it).
When we do get plums, my husband makes plum jam. Delicious.

Mango Momma