Monday, September 16, 2013

It's finished.

I finished reorganizing my office.  Karin might appreciate the difference.  Where I knew before where everything was to within plus or minus 2" vertically and horizontally, I now know where it is to within plus or minus 1/2" horizontally and vertically.  Trust me, it's great.



Sharp eyes will note that while you see my computer components (including wireless keyboard and mouse), I also still have plenty of old-school tech: the IBM Selectric III, adding machine, fax, 3 land line phones....no wonder my kids say I'm a dinosaur.

And here's what was behind me as I took that photo: reorganized fabric!

And reorganized shoes!  And my photo printer.  Yes, this dinosaur has real photo albums, and printed photos, and all of that.

My office is 6'x9'.  The desk occupies 2 feet at one end of the room, and the file cabinets another foot or 2 at the other.  So, in order to keep my scholars at bay, I bought a wireless color laser printer, set it up on our home network, and the boys can print from their computer without invading my office.  It's a win.

I had most of this reorganization done before we lost Brutus, and for a week or so, every time I came in here to work, he came in here to work on his bone.  I miss the little dude.

13 comments:

Pam said...

Looks good!!

Sue said...

I'm a dino, too. We have quite a collection of new and old working happily together.

Food, Fun and Life in the Charente said...

I am sure you miss him, I do as well. The office look great. I must sort my material out and actually do some sewing! Hope you have a good week. Diane

Big Dude said...

I'm eagerly looking forward to the "after" shots. Sorry but the devil made me say that from Durango, CO :-)

Two French Bulldogs said...

Job well done!
Benny & Lily

Faye Lewis said...

I like it - can you come do mine?

altadenahiker said...

No more Tower of Power? Still, Karin is most impressed, and extremely envious of all your cubbyholes.

~~louise~~ said...

I don't know if I'm jealous or envious. Heck I'm neither, Kudos to you and the family, Marjie. Your organized! (now if you "guys" could hop on down, I have 3 rooms of cookbooks strewn all over the place after deciding I just had to have another bookshelf. I'm attempting to put them in alphabetical order:)

gMarie said...

I don't see anything wrong with mixing the new and old. Looks lovely! g

Blond Duck said...

I'm sorry about Brutus. :( But the organization looks great.

Pam said...

I miss him too...

Reorganizing always makes me feel better. It looks great!

SissySees said...

Kudos! We need much reorganizing in the Woods too, but... not yet. Maybe in June?

Nichole Burke said...

Very nice!