Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Garden Tuesday: Trees

This is all the snow we had last weekend. Note that I'm not crying over this, although my little boys are.

The line of trees is the west side of an old town road, which was moved about 100 years ago. The short one has been decimated by carpenter ants, and will probably have to come down, but we'll replace it with another. I'd like to keep the old road memorialized.

And I love looking up at trees in winter. The bare branches against the sky are so pretty!

8 comments:

gMarie said...

Heck we have more snow than that!! I too love 'nekkid' winter trees. Yours are beautiful. g

Anonymous said...

Oh, by all means, keep the old road. What a view.

Pam said...

We have had less than an inch. My kids are praying for a snow day tomorrow and I don't think it's going to happen.

Mickle in NZ said...

The bare tree limbs look so wonderful against the clear blue sky and scattering of snow. Here most of the trees are evergreens so even with last year's snow shock the leaves remained.

I'm delighted that you will be replacing that unwell tree, along with all the other trees you had planted back in late autumn. Your great big garden/yard is a joy that you so kindly share with invisible blogworld friends.


Huggles and care from Michelle and Zeb, xxx and puRRRumbles

pam said...

I love being able to see how things used to be based on the plants and trees.

The Blonde Duck said...

I can't imagine snowy trees here!

SissySees said...

Crazy winter. G has all the snow, although now they're saying we'll get some Friday night.

Sue said...

We're having a strange winter. Sunday was 34 degrees, MOnday was 68 degrees, Tuesday was 24 degrees. Wednesday was 19 degrees and today is 54 degrees. It makes it a little tough to decide what to wear.