Saturday, October 18, 2008

Library Book Sale 2

"Things that are bigger may be better, but smaller things feel better."

So said Ryan after we returned from our second library used book sale in as many weeks. This is today's library; isn't it adorable?

When I walked in, the little Korean lady bustled over from some corner, greeting me like a long lost friend, and telling me of her 11 month old baby. Of course, the boys found books, and I snagged a couple more cookbooks (hey, I found out Pam has over 100 cookbooks! I need more!).

But the best thing about this book sale is their baked goods table. Each o
f the boys got 3 cupcakes (which are one thing I never make), and I bought a cute little banana bread for my dearly beloved. Yes, I know I can make cute little banana breads. But look at this cute little baking pan it came in:
How can anyone resist anything that cute?

And when we came back, Thor was right in the middle of the book distribution. I mean, the poor boy had been alone for a good 65 or 70 minutes! Jeepers! The cruelty of his people!

8 comments:

Christo Gonzales said...

what a great quote and you are the ultimate mom....my son said something cute yesterday he said "I cant wait till next week" and I asked "why" and he said "because it will be Friday again"

Paula said...

I was thinking about you guys this morning, and wondering if you attended the sale. I just love community libraries. They may be smaller, but like Ryan said, they feel better. I actually was a little sad when I read this; our kids would be such pals. Also, when is your b-day? I know your youngest has one soon, but when is yours?

Linda said...

You can never have too many cookbooks!

pam said...

So, tell us, what cookbooks did you get?

Anonymous said...

I would have bought the bread too, just for the pan! Ha!

The Blonde Duck said...

Thor says, "Where's my book about lobsters?"

Prudy said...

I'm loving all of your good deals. That baking pan for the banana bread really is cute. I love library sales. They make my day!

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

I am loving reading about your great deals at the library book sale. I would not have been able to pass up anything cute either!