Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette


Peter M posted this recipe for Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette dressing last week. I just adore "Bunny Food", and so had to try this. I made a double batch, and it's at least half gone now. I urge everyone to try it!

SUN DRIED TOMATO VINAIGRETTE

1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped finely (about 6)
2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
salt to taste (I used none)

I let the tomatoes and spices soak in the vinegar for a couple of hours before adding the olive oil. It was great the first day, and even better the second.

All of here in the States know that this is the last date to file our income tax returns, and I'd like to acknowledge the hard work of all taxpayers, which keeps this country running. "Happy" Income Tax Day, and for interesting reading on a historic perspective of taxation, find a copy of "For Good and Evil: The Impact of Taxes on the Course of Civilization". I read the book about 20 years ago, and found it fascinating. It's food for thought.

3 comments:

Peter M said...

Marjie, I'm so glad your family enjoyed the dressing. It's easy & so flavouful.

Thanks also for the link...much appreciated.

Marji said...

quick question, I'm in need of some new dressings - are you using the tomatoes packed in oil, or those that are dry in cellophane?

Marjie said...

I used the dry ones packed in cellophane. I let them soak in the balsamic vinegar for a couple of hours before I added the rest of the ingredients.