Sunday, September 9, 2007

1977 Lincoln Mark V



This has nothing to do with sewing, cooking, or school. I had to go out today, for the first time in about 3 weeks, and because it was sunny, I drove my beloved's car. When I bought it for him as a 25th wedding anniversary gift, he was, of course, thrilled. I have probably driven it more than he has, because when we go out together, he always wants me to drive (less probability of actually getting that moving violation, even when deserved). When we'd had it about a week, I was out one afternoon, and the chief of police in our town pulled me over. "No problem, Marjie, I just wanted to check out the new wheels.....Can I drive it back to the deli? I was going to get some coffee." "Sure, Dan, I'll just wait here." "No, follow me in the squad car. Just don't push any buttons." Small town life is cool.

No comments: