Thursday, July 11, 2019

Lime Parfait Pie

I totally stole this idea from Pam at For The Love of Cooking.  She made cute little individual parfaits for her family; I was too....busy, let's go with busy, not lazy...to do so.  Still, the boys loved this; I think that when they see the limes in the fridge, they're going to be all over me making another one.

LIME PARFAIT PIE

1 graham cracker pie shell (homemade or store bought)
1 can sweetened, condensed milk
1/2 cup lime juice
1 tsp lime zest
1-1/2 cups whipping cream
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
(optional) lime slices

Whip the cream; when it's soft, add the vanilla, then sprinkle in the sugar and beat until it's still.  In another bowl, beat together the sweetened condensed milk and lime juice; stir in the lime zest, then about 3/4 of the whipped cream.  Spoon into the pie shell, top with the remaining whipped cream (I piped mine on), and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.  Top with lime slices if you'd like, although I didn't.

This was absolutely delicious, with just the right amount of tart flavor.  It's also incredibly rich, so don't eat too much, especially if you're dieting off your 4th of July picnic!

4 comments:

Rhodesia said...

I love limes, but we are both watching our waistline at present. Visitors arriving next month and I know we will eat too much! Take care Diane

Summer Flies said...

Yummy.. looks good. I have a similar recipe but with eggs and cooking it. I don't like the egg taste so I will try this as I love lime pie.

Big Dude said...

Great summertime dessert - I steal from Pam often.

Pam said...

Yay!!! I think making it into a pie sounds like a great idea! Glad you all liked it.