Monday, April 14, 2014

Library Book Sale!

The boys and I went out bright and early Saturday to attend the semi-annual used book sale at our favorite little library.

Do the boys look pleased that I made them stand out in the sunshine (only 45 degrees outside, but abundant sunshine was wonderful)?  Dan took up stuffing Mark into the hood of his jacket after I took this picture.  Well, a guy has to be amused somehow!

Upon arriving home, Dan immediately dove into unpacking the books....

while Ryan opened up the bag of baked goods in search of something delectable.

I didn't buy much - a couple of books for the relative in Denver, a cookbook for one of my daughters,

and these for me.  I still have plenty of other reading material, both in real book format and on the Kindle.  But there's another used book sale in 2 weeks, so I might load up then....even though I keep saying I'm not going to buy more books until I get through some of the thousands I already have!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend, too!

9 comments:

Two French Bulldogs said...

Those are the best book sales
Lily & Edward

~~louise~~ said...

I wouldn't say the boys look "thrilled" Marjie but I have a feeling it wasn't because of the weather. How in tarnation did you get them to pose, lol???

Your daughter is going to LOVE that Claiborne book! He was one of my food writers and restaurant critic. I'm waiting patiently for our library booksale. I'm hoping it happens before I go to Idaho in May. 'm also thinking about donating a book or two, or three, lol...Enjoy ALL yur books, Marjie...Thanks for sharing...

grace said...

i always make a beeline for the cookbook section of a sale like this. that's partially why i have more cookbooks than articles of clothing. :)

SissySees said...

The Secret Life of Bees was good. Enjoy your haul - and those boys!!

Big Dude said...

I'm doing the opposite and going through our old books and taking them to the library where they will hopefully be put to use.

Pam said...

I love going to book sales. Cookbooks are always the first ones I look through.

The Secret Life of Bees is a wonderful book!

gemma said...

John Adams is such a great book...how nice to see the sun again --daffodils are close behind

Sue said...

Oh oh, I think I missed the library sale. I was looking forward to a shopping bag full of good reads.

Anonymous said...

More books? Oh, you're beyond hope. I gave boxes full of books today to some charity -- they picked them up. So now I have lots of shelf space. The shelves look empty, sad. Depressing. Only one thing to do --buy more books. Yay!