Monday, May 6, 2013

Peanut Butter Pie

Do any of you get that food magazine in your paper the first week of every month?  I do, and usually it's not worth much.  But last Wednesday, they had a recipe for Peanut Butter Pie.  And it was warm at the end of the week, so a cold dessert seemed like just something my boys would love.  OK, I confess.  They'd enjoy it any time, warm or cold.

PEANUT BUTTER PIE

1 Graham Cracker crust
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1-1/2 cups confectioners sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup heavy cream
1 tsp vanilla extract

Beat together the cream cheese and confectioners sugar until smooth.  Add the remaining ingredients and beat until smooth.  Pour into the graham cracker crust (or a chocolate cookie crust, if you prefer), and freeze for 2 hours before serving.  Cut very small slices, because it's very filling!  Serve with or without whipped cream, as you prefer.

I have a feeling this will be on the "much requested" list this summer.  And it's so easy that I'll have a hard time not honoring such requests!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

8 comments:

SissySees said...

I want that right now. Too bad I need to feed the dogs and head to a meeting!

Blond Duck said...

This is my absolute favorite!

Two French Bulldogs said...

Oh mom loves that stuff
Benny & Lily

Anonymous said...

Now I know for sure I'll find some way to visit. I could live on peanut butter pie, though fortunately, that's never been an option.

How Sam Sees It said...

Yum yum!

Sam

Lapdog Creations said...

You had me at peanut butter...... YUM!

Pam said...

That would be a huge hit in my house!

Chronicles of Dolliedaydream said...

Ooh this looks so delicious!