Friday, May 31, 2013

Little Cooking

I'm betting you all think I've stopped cooking, having nearly fallen off the planet or something.  Nope.  It's just that the crap fallout is still swirling about, and won't stop until mid-June.  I may have valuable insights for you all after it's finished, but, meanwhile, let's enjoy the better weather, shall we?

Anyway, dinner last night:

Corned beef brisket, cooked in the oven with 1" of water around it.  Sour cream potatoes (2 pounds sliced redskin potatoes boiled until tender, drained; 1/4 cup butter and 2 good glumpers - about 1-1/2 cups - sour cream, a goodly handful of fresh or dried chives, a dozen turns of the pepper mill, and milk to thin a little, heated, then the potatoes stirred back in); sugar snap peas sauteed in butter with pepper and salt; corn on the cob.

Excitement is coming this weekend; a report on Monday, I hope!

Happy Weekending, everyone!

12 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

Your food always looks so appealing. You feed your family well!

Sarah said...

All looks so yummy. Do you have corn on the cob already or is that from somewhere warmer?

SissySees said...

Looks great! Sorry the fallout continues, but at least the end is in sight. Two weeks?

Two French Bulldogs said...

oh my word! yum
Benny & Lily

pam said...

Those potatoes have to make any and all fallout better!

Big Dude said...

Good looking meal Marjie - I especially like the sound of the potatoes.

Anonymous said...

I hate fallouts. But I love corned beef. Good luck.

Unknown said...

Hello! Long time no woof! Our overseas visitors have just left and we're finally catching up with blog friends.

Mmm...Hsin-Yi LOVES corn on the cob. Why is it that everything you cook even the simple stuff - looks so delicious?? ;-)

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane

Dexter said...

Well, hopefully some good excitement.

Mango Momma

Claire S. said...

Looking yummy as usual :-)

Sue said...

We can't wait for the excitement!

Pam said...

I am sorry the crap is still swirling... I hope all is well soon.

Tasty dinner - those potatoes are screaming my name!