Friday, May 11, 2018

Hanging In There

It's been 5 weeks since I lost my dearly beloved, and it still feels like 5 minutes.  If I didn't have the boys to feed, I'd probably be subsisting on frozen dinners, if I even remembered to eat.  My next door neighbor has been a rock, dropping by with a cup of tea to visit every few days.

Yesterday, we had a fierce thunderstorm roll through - in and out in 20 minutes.  Afterward, I looked out the front door, and was amazed at the myriad shades of green, and sunshine, against the dark sky where the storms were still rolling through to the east of us.


And, who's excited about the PBS Great American Read?  OK, maybe "excited" is a little strong.  But I downloaded the list, and was pleased to see that I've read 30 of the books on it, and have at least 5 more in my house.  I might as well read; the insomnia is going to drive me nuts otherwise.

So, tell me, how many of these books have any of you read?  And are you all enjoying the colors of spring after our rather cold April?

7 comments:

Pam said...

What a glorious photo! Your yard/trees/clouds look amazing in that shot.

I've read quite a few of those books on the list. I need to print it out for myself and start checking them off!

I was thinking about you this morning as my Gracie girl followed me all over the house. She has been so amazing to me through some tough times in the past few years. A constant and loyal friend. Maybe finding a dog to rescue from the pound might be a blessing for you? They make the best pals!

Sending lots of love and hugs your way... daily. xoxo

Sue said...

I've read 33 so far. I can think of several that should be on the list. Why do they never ask me?

Big Dude said...

Glad you are hanging in there and good to have your comments.

Faye Lewis said...

It is such a pleasure to see you post Marjie. Please know that my heart and prayers are with you and your family.

gMarie said...

I wish it didn't take me ask day to come round for a visit. You could always sew for those baby girls of yours. g

pam said...

Marjie, I am so sorry, I didn't know. I'm sending you love and hugs.

Heather said...

Good to hear from you Marjie, your garden looks wonderful. Thanks for posting the PBS book list I have read 40 but my absolute favourite is "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn'. I have been thinking of you and yours.