Wednesday, October 11, 2017

The First Red Tree

When I went out to get my paper the other morning, one of our small maple trees had turned a brilliant red.  It was a beautiful contrast to the other trees, even on an overcast day.

 This one is taken from the other side of the wall with the gate in it.  Maybe my view of a small tree is a little biased.
 Aren't the clouds in this sky nice?  Even better than the color of the trees.
 Yes, I was right.  The maple is a small tree.
Happy Wednesday, everyone!

8 comments:

Two French Bulldogs said...

So pretty when the leaves change
Lily & Edward

Big Dude said...

Maybe rivaled by a mountainside of golden Aspens, red maples are my favorite fall color.

Sue said...

I miss the beautiful fall colors from the Northeast. Our trees are just starting to show some small spots of color. I hope the heavy rains hold off till they change more.

Rhodesia said...

Gorgeous, we have leaves dropping all over now (sigh) lots of work raking up for compost! Hope all is well Diane

Pam said...

Pretty! It is so beautiful in Oregon this time of year... I love fall.

Lapdog Creations said...

Our colors are confused this year. It's not the normal progression like usual, and some leaves are just dropping without changing. :(

grace said...

beautiful! a red tree for a horde of redheads. :)

pam said...

Pretty! We don't have any color around here yet!