Monday, October 23, 2017

Book Sale!

Jeff called me at 11PM Friday, and said, "Don't shut off the lights!  I'm coming home for the weekend!"  He and his entourage arrived about 1:30 AM, snacked on some leftover roast beef, and a fun weekend had begun.  Jeff was babysitting for Bebop while his girl was away at the Grand Canyon, so poor Bebop spent the weekend sulking.

 On Saturday, Jeff, Ryan and I went to the book sale.  Tank had to go for the ride; it was Tank's Jeep we drove, after all.  OK, technically, Jeff pays for the Jeep, but if you talk to the dog, it's his car, and he gets to go for the ride.  Jeff hooked Tank's leash to a loop on the roof of the Jeep, and just left the back window open so Tank could talk to everyone who passed by him.  Not that he talks much; I have only heard him bark when the doorbell rings.

Tank was very happy to see us when we got back with our books. 

I only bought 4 novels and one cookbook for myself; I was very restrained.  Of course, I bought a couple of books to send to others.

So, that was our weekend!  Sunny and 70 degrees, a book sale, and a private dog park for my favorite black German Shepherd!  It was a lot of fun!

Happy Monday, everyone!

3 comments:

Sue said...

Sounds like the perfect weekend to me. I have that cookbook.

Faye Lewis said...

Love your love of books!

Pam said...

Looks like a great day was had by all. Even Bebop... he looks pretty comfy curled up in his bed.