Monday, June 5, 2017

A Big Milestone!

Mark graduated from high school yesterday!  I can't believe it; for the first time in 30 years - yes, THIRTY years - I won't be sending anyone off to school in the mornings.  My baby will be going to college in the fall.  I'm not going to lie; this is weird. (I don't know why these pictures won't sit right.  This is annoying.)

Mark went to a Jesuit high school (and I learned yesterday that there are only 47 Jesuit high schools in the entire country), and the graduation was the most formal one I've ever seen. The boys were in tuxes ($133 rental, thank you very much) and the girls wore long white dresses.  I was in the middle of the audience, and couldn't get any really good pictures.  Even the 200mm camera lens wasn't much help.  But here he is, walking across the stage!
 Ignore the fact that Mark is on his side - he was really standing up straight.  Didn't he look handsome?  The school gave the rose boutoniers to each boy, and a red rose with baby's breath to each girl.

 Looks pretty pleased with himself, doesn't he?
 No, I didn't suddenly get taller; I was wearing 4" heels for the occasion. 
 Once we got home, I got a picture with Mark where I'm my normal height.  You can see just how delighted Mark was with having his picture taken....again....
 And, the day before he graduated, the school held a baccalaureate mass, and gave each graduate an inspirational medal, with a quote from St. Ignatius.  I hope this doesn't mean they expect to have just turned loose 173 fresh arsonists.
Happy Monday, everyone!

11 comments:

Two French Bulldogs said...

Congratulations! Handsome
Lily & Edward

Big Dude said...

Congratulations - you may not know what to do with yourself. He definitely got the tall gene.

~~louise~~ said...

Congratulations to Mark!!! I'm sure you will find something or someone to send off to somewhere, lol...Enjoy!!!

grace said...

the last one! congrats (and stay strong)! :)

Rhodesia said...

It must seem very odd to you all these life changes but you can maybe relax a little and appreciate your other half more. Relax, I must be nuts, you will have an even bigger family to entertain now :-)

Congrats to Mark and of course to the two of you who brought him so far. Well done Diane

Pam said...

I can't believe it... He was pretty little when I first started reading your blog. Time flies way to fast these days. Congratulations Mark!

Lapdog Creations said...

Congratulations Mark - and Mom!

kathy b said...

What a wonderful day for your familY!!!

pam said...

Congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

the last one! congrats

goldenslot


Sue said...

Well done Mark. Does that mean that you two will soon be empty nesters? Good thing those little girls are ready to keep you busy.