Friday, July 22, 2016

The Week in Excitement!

Well, words aren't really needed here.  We had Madeline from Sunday through Thursday, because her Mommy and Daddy had to go on a business trip.


 Guess who thinks she can feed herself, even though she can't even hold up the bottle?
 She does love her Grandpa, and it warms my heart to see him smiling so much. (Full disclosure: I was the one who got up at 7AM with her.  But I trained her to sleep until 9 within 2 days.)

On another note, I found a gauze sale.  So look what came in yesterday:


There are 10 yards of the Kelly Green, and 4 to 6 yards each of the other colors, for a net of about 50 yards.  I suddenly feel the need for new summer dresses.  I wonder which color I should chop into first?  The salmon, or the green?

Happy weekending, everyone!

8 comments:

Big Dude said...

Always nice to have them visit at that age especially

~~louise~~ said...

Oh my goodness gracious Marjie! Madeline is so darn adorable!!! Just look at those cheeks, those eyes that hair!!!! I can't believe how big she is already!!! Grandpa looks like he is on a whole other planet, lol...Oh the sheer joy!!! Enjoy each and every second:)

As for your gauze stash, I like the salmon:)

I had a really good day today. I'm thinking my pain is subsiding at the thought of the kids arriving in a couple of days:) I tried to straighten up the house a bit but have decided it will have to wait until Michele gets here lol...

Thank you so much for sharing, Marjie...I'm delighted to know you and grandpa (and I'm sure the rest of the gang:) had such a GREAT time with Madeline:) (personally, I think she will be feeding hereself in no time:)

grace said...

she's totally a grandpa's girl! :)

Lapdog Creations said...

I see she's got Grandpa wrapped around her tiny finger... just as it should be! :)

Pam said...

I think the salmon would look great on you!

What a beauty Madeline is! I can tell that your beloved is just as smitten with her, as she is with him. Adorable photos.

The site should be accepting comments now. Fingers crossed!

Faye Lewis said...

What a beautiful grandbaby Marjie! Gorgeous fabrics too.

Mae Travels said...

Cute!!!
best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Sue said...

It looks like Grandpa was telling some pretty good stories. She seems to be a very happy young lady.