Thursday, December 31, 2015

Merry Christmas!

Yes, I know I'm late by about a week.

I was going to post last week, and tell you about the pies I made for the carpenters who have been doing an outstanding job on reconstructing my attic.




And I was going to post a picture of my menu, which picture is now lost somewhere.  Oops.  It wasn't very detailed, anyway: just the main dish, maybe with the starch if I felt that was absolutely the correct starch, and me expecting to wing it with everything else.  It worked; no one starved.

And I was going to tell you about Kellie's nice boyfriend sending this, with the note: "To all, because the M. women love their cheese and the M. men will eat anything."  He figured us out in 3 short days, when he was here for Shannon's wedding.

And Shannon's new mother in law bought us a dozen ornaments, to help replace the ones we lost.

But, really, for me, everything else became just icing on the cake on Christmas morning.  You recall that all of our Christmas stuff was lost save our silver plated Christmas ornaments.  And I was most upset about losing my Christmas tree skirt, which the girls and I had embroidered in 2000.  My dearly beloved said, "Well, just tell them to make new quarters, and make a new tree skirt!"  They are adults, and I couldn't make such demands on their time.

But they did it of their own accord.  And I almost cried.  Great tears of joy welled up in my eyes, and in the back of my throat.  These 3 fabric quarter circles might just be the best present ever, because it was the gift of their time.  And now I"ll have to design and create my own quarter, and we will have a new tree skirt for next year.

More pictures another day.  Merry Belated Christmas.


9 comments:

Sue said...

Now that's what Christmas is all about. What sweet thoughtful gifts and now you all make new memories. Happy New Year my friend.

~~louise~~ said...

Sounds like Christmas at your house was stuffed with goodness and memories, Marjie. (oh and food too, of course:)

I can't wait to see your share of the skirt:) Those sweet girls of yours:)

Wishing You and Yours a Very Happy, Healthy and Safe New Year Marjie. It's going to be a GREAT one!!!

P.S. I've rejoined the world of blogging:)

gMarie said...

What a fabulous time. I'm so happy your girls did that for you. Sounds like the holiday was perfect. g

rottrover said...

You are a miracle-maker!

pam said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas!! You'll start making memories with all your new stuff! Happy New Year!

Claire S. said...

A beautiful Christmas ! Gifts of time are the best, I betcha I wasn't the only one who teared up at the tree skirt :-)

Wishing you and your family all the best in the New Year, Marjie !!!

Big Dude said...

Glad it turned out to be a good Christmas and we wish you the best in 2016

Lapdog Creations said...

Sounds like it was a great Christmas... and I love the thoughtfulness on replacing some ornaments! Super special!

Pam said...

Tears in my eyes. I love your girls!!! I hope you know that your kids are amazing because they were raised by an amazing woman! xoxo