Monday, October 5, 2015

The Rehearsal

Yep, you're gonna have to wait another day to see the bride.  Hey, I've just finished sorting the rehearsal pictures I took or stole from the cameras of others!

The actual rehearsal took place outside, despite the fact that we'd had 3" of rain the night before.  I was not happy about tromping through mud.  No one else seemed to mind.
 The officiant made some sort of speech about what he intended to say, and then, as a stand-in for the vows he'd read on Saturday, the groom pronounced to his beautiful bride, "You're so pretty!"

Someone else took this picture, obviously.  The garden did look pretty good.
 Then the groom carried off the howling bride, announcing, "Hey, better today than tomorrow!  You knew I was gonna do this!"
 Better to have fun than to be sour and serious, right?
The rehearsal dinner was at a winery 7 miles from our house.  It's a beautiful locale.  You can still sort of see the vista out the windows, although it was 6:30PM and nearing dark by this time.  (Obviously, I'm not related to any of these people.)

There were about 50 people at the rehearsal dinner.  And I thought those were supposed to be quiet, intimate events.

 I told you this baby was really popular!  And she was a cheerful little darling!

 (I got this picture from someone else, obviously.)  Doesn't my beloved look handsome?
 My girls are the prettiest around!
 The dark haired girl has been best friends with Shannon since 3rd grade, is currently in medical school in Mexico, and flew all the way up here Thursday night for this event.  I love that girl.
 And where will you find a more dapper and handsome quintet of men than right here? 

So, later tonight or tomorrow I'll start previewing the 47 million wedding snapshots I have, and get some up here for you.  The weather was terrible, the ceremony was wonderful, and the bride was the prettiest all year!  See you soon!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

O, joy. Many congratulations. And couple of thoughts -- one of your sons looks like Prince Harry, and all your sons are taller than the EXIT sign.

Big Dude said...

Winery sounds like the perfect location.

~~louise~~ said...

Keep 'em coming Marjie. I was thinking about you all when it was raining. The rehearsal sure seems to have gone well though.

You and hubby look perfect together:) Your family is picture perfect.

Thanks for sharing...

Diane said...

Sounds like a great rehearsal and a perfect setting, I certainly don't remember having a rehearsal as much fun as that. Looking forward to further photos, these are great. Diane

Lapdog Creations said...

Sure looks like such a wonderful time!

Pam said...

So fun! Everyone looks great and happy. I can't believe how TALL your youngest is! He has caught up to his brothers.

Two French Bulldogs said...

You should be so proud of your family
Love & Peas,
Lily & Edward