Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Garden Tuesday: Axing

While we were at the book sale, Shannon's boyfriend, Natasha and Mark were gathering firewood so we could have a Saturday night bonfire.  I'm pretty sure Natasha was no help whatsoever, but Boyfriend surely had fun.  He found part of a tree down in our woods, and hauled it to be axed.



And then he gave Mark axing lessons.

Mark even began to look competent.

I believe they left sufficient wood to hold a Thanksgiving bonfire, too.  Hopefully it will be neither drizzling nor snowing then.

And in the background, you can see that we don't have much color showing.  Everything is still pretty green.  It got much colder Saturday, so that will be changing.

Happy Garden Tuesday, everyone!

6 comments:

Big Dude said...

That's some serious exercise they are getting and probably why someone invented the saw/chainsaw :-)

~~louise~~ said...

HI Marjie!
I can't believe how green you still are up there!!! Wow! I guess this fairly warm October makes all the difference. Although, I was up in Wilkes Barre over the weekend and some of the trees are already losing their leaves!

I would NEVER be able to watch Mark swinging the axe. Way to scary for me. Looks like you'll be getting two bonfires and a new axe to grind, lol...Thanks for sharing, Marjie...

Pam said...

The trees are all turning colors right now & it's absolutely beautiful. It looks like you will have plenty of wood for bonfires & Mark learned a new skill.

I received a little present in the mail from a super sweet lady - YOU! I started reading it last night. Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness.

SissySees said...

We are having a dismal, pale fall, so I look forward to your show.

I don't miss the wood workout at all. In fact, my back hurts just thinking about it.

grace said...

good times in the parking lot! a thanksgiving bonfire sounds fun. :)

Sue said...

Most of our trees hadn't turned when the storms started and the leaves fell. No pretty color this year.