Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Garden Tuesday: Plums

Late last week, my lawn service guy mentioned that he'd been eating plums from the trees in our orchard.  So after the work day was finished, I took my basket, wandered down to our little orchard, and picked some plums.

They were sweet; they were perfect.  They were gone later that night.

Of course, I didn't take a picture of the plum trees because (a) it was dusk and (b) they aren't that easy to see, being backed up to our property line fence and the trees between our house and the neighbor's.  That's ok; the plums were pretty enough.

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty.

Big Dude said...

One of my favorite fruit and I would down there eating them as well.

pam said...

Did I know that you had a plum tree?? Well, I probably did, but like everything else, I've forgotten it. How nice! I am so jealous of people with fruit trees.

Pam said...

Very pretty. I had a plum tree in my yard growing up and I loved eating them! They were always so sweet and juicy.

SissySees said...

What a sweet treat! I am not a huge plum fan, but I do enjoy one or two now and then. I think it is time!

~~louise~~ said...

I'm surprised to learn you have a Plum Tree, Marjie. I must have missed you mentioing them also...I bet them plums were pretty darn good, lol...

Thanks so much for sharing...

Lapdog Creations said...

Oh how I would love to just go for a walk and pick some plums! those look absolutely delish!

Sue said...

We had a lot of plums on the tree this year but they're really sour. The squirrels bring them on the deck to eat and leave a mess.