Thursday, May 15, 2014

Happy Thorsday!

Happy Thorsday, everyone!

There is no dog news here, lest you all be getting excited, but we are currently babysitting for Winston and Buffy (AKA Other Cat, she of Santa suit fame back in December), because....

Today my oldest son got married!  He and his bride eloped to a castle in Scotland.  This did two very smart things for them: (a) it avoided her family being honked off at the fact that my son wanted to be married here in our little corner of the world (and, really, the walled garden would have been perfect for it), and (b) it saved the bride from the endless "helpful suggestions" she was already getting from her mother, sisters, grandmothers, assorted aunts....you get the picture. Best of all, they got a bargain: a 5 week honeymoon for far less than the cost of the traditional wedding, reception, blah, blah, blah.

Last week, I took pictures of my lovely new daughter in law, and here she is!



OK, maybe it's a little disappointing to miss my son's wedding, but I am very happy that they did what was best for them.

Happy Thorsday, everyone!

13 comments:

Sue said...

It sounds wonderful. They'll have such lovely and romantic memories. Congratulations to all.

Catherine said...

You sound happy and your daughter-in-law looks lovely. Congrats! to you all.
Blessings, Catherine

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

Hi Marjie, yes it is sad to miss the wedding but isn't it wonderful they were able to make this decision on the start of their new life together. Congratulations to them both. Hope to see more lovely photos. No worries, and love, Carol (and Stella and Rory)

Anonymous said...

You know, I'm totally with them on the marriage thing, but then I'm an unceremonious type of person. And Scotland -- how perfect. Did they bring you a plaid?

gMarie said...

I still say you should have gone! She is beautiful and I wish them a long and happy marriage. g

Tami said...

Beautiful pictures!

Big Dude said...

Sounds like a great place to get married. I'm a big fan of not spending all of that money on a 20 minute event when they can use it to make several weeks of memories.

grace said...

if you're gonna elope, that's the way to do it! she's lovely and i'm sure your family is elated. :)

Two French Bulldogs said...

She is beautiful and yes your yard would have been perfect. Congratulations to them
Lily & Edward

Pam said...

Congrats to your son & his new wife! I am glad they did what was best for THEM too. Your new daughter in law looks lovely! Did you make her dress? It's beautiful.

Zimbabwe said...

Another red head in the family, oh wow. Many congratulations to the bride and groom.
I am so glad that you are still having Thorsday, great memories for me and I am sure for you.
Have a good weekend Diane

SissySees said...

Congrats to the newlyweds! She's a beauty and I'm glad they had a wonderful wedding. Weddings are so stressful; I've chatted with some young friends lately, and just setting a budget and narrowing down the guest list is remarkably stressful...

Unknown said...

I've been wanting to see pictures of the dress ever since you mentioned it... it's gorgeous! And your daughter-in-law too! Belated congratulations to you - and the happy couple! :-)

Hsin-Yi