Monday, December 16, 2019

Thanksgiving

Yes, I'm more than 2 weeks late.  But stuff happens.

As usual, we had a crowd for Thanksgiving.  Our family, our best friend's family (I guess after 30+  years, they're more like family, right?) and a couple of people who had nowhere else to go.

This year, we had our usual 2 turkeys, plus one deep fried by my sons in law.  One of them was a huge advocate for it; I didn't care, but specified that he had to do it outside, only in an electric deep fryer, and only a minimum of 30 feet from the house.  Yes, that's a lot of regulations.  No, I'm not having my house smell like fried food, nor do I intend to risk starting another house fire.


Random pictures from around the table, where we passed around my camera.



 (of course my youngest took a selfie.  Kids these days!)


Desserts, and the girls who were first in line!

 There was at least 2 of each kind of pie.
 Yes, I take my cake decorating inspiration from kindergarten, because why not?
Happy Monday, everyone!

5 comments:

Big Dude said...

It's so great that so many of you can be together for holidays and I'm sure it was a delicious meal - If I'm going to have turkey, I prefer it fried.

Diane said...

Wow, that looks just amazing. Fried turkey is a new one on me must try it as I am not over fond of roast turkey. Take care and wishing you all the best for Christmas and 2020. Cheers Diane

Pam said...

Yay! A full house and delicious food. I am so glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

World of Animals, Inc said...

Food, family, and friends are just what you need for Thanksgiving. The food looks absolutely so delicious in the photos. Thanks for sharing. We hope you have a fantastic upcoming holiday week.
World of Animals

grace said...

what a spread! i'm loving all those ginger locks. :) happy holidays, marjie!!