Thursday, August 8, 2019

Spaghetti Squash: It's What's for Lunch

Last weekend, I went to visit my friend GMarie at her Carriage Corner B&B.  It's always a nice getaway.  When I left, she gifted me with 2 spaghetti squash which her husband had grown.  Of course, I roasted one after quartering it, coating the cut edges with olive oil, and sprinkling it with garlic salt.  When it was finished, I shredded it, mixed it with diced tomatoes and freshly shredded parmesan, and we had it with steak.  Talk about a great side!

So, since there was some left over, I carefully saved it for my lunch.  I reheated it in the microwave for 2 minutes, then chopped up a small (maybe 2 ounce) piece of steak, and stirred it into the spaghetti squash.  What a lunch! (And my pretty, last-one-in-the-store bowl makes it all the better!)

Thatcher was jealous, so I gave him about a tablespoon of my squash.  Can't spoil the little guy, after all (ha.....)!

Happy Thursday, everyone!

3 comments:

Big Dude said...

You turn the squash into a nice dish.

Pam said...

Yum! Now I need to pick up some squash from the farmers market.

Rhodesia said...

We have lots of different squash in the garden must try this, thanks. Have a good weekend, Diane