Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Pumpkin Bread

It's less than 2 weeks until Thanksgiving, and time to warm up. What better thing to try than Pumpkin Bread?

PUMPKIN BREAD


3 cups flour
1.5 cups brown sugar 
2 tbsp cinnamon 
1/2 tsp ginger 
1/2 tsp nutmeg 
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp baking powder 
1 small can pumpkin 
4 eggs
2/3 cup shortening
1/2 cup milk 

Mix half the flour with the brown sugar, then stir in all of the remaining dry ingredients.  Add the pumpkin, eggs, shortening and milk, and beat until smooth. Spoon into 2 greased 8" x 4" loaf pans, and  bake at 350F for 45 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Optional: You can add craisins to the batter; I did that with one of my loaves.  Patrick liked it plain, Ryan loved the loaf with craisins, and Ryan's friends, who were here for game night, devoured it all.

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

4 comments:

Big Dude said...

We just finished off a loaf of pumpkin bread from the Amish market

Rhodesia said...

Pumpkin is always used as a vegetable here and I have never tried it in bread. The only time I had it as a sweet I did not like it. I had to look up craisins 😉 we simply call them dry cranberries here! I might just try this bread though as I like trying new things.
Hope all is well Diane
P.S we never see canned pumpkin here only fresh!

Pam said...

YUM! I love pumpkin bread.

Diane said...

I love me some pumpkin bread!! Sometimes I add pecans which is really good. I also add a little lemon zest. Yummy!