Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Blizzard Update Number 1

as of 1PM, we have a good 2 feet.  And it's still snowing.

This porch has a roof.  That snow isn't supposed to be there.
 Looks like I'm not opening this door without bringing snow in.
 See those lumps out there?  Those are cars.  Cadillacs and a Chevette, to be precise.
 See the dark smiley looking thing next to the tree?  That's a picnic table.  The table part.
 And I sure as anything am not opening the front door.
 I cleared 4" off the porch at 4AM, and the porch is 4" below the doorsill upon which I stood the yardstick.  You do the math.

The planter in the middle of the courtyard is a lot shorter today.

So that's the snow.  It's supposed to continue for some hours yet.  Good thing I don't need to get out in order to celebrate Pi Day!

Happy Snowy Garden Tuesday, everyone!


8 comments:

Two French Bulldogs said...

Build a snowdog
Lily & Edward

Faye Lewis said...

Happy snow day Marjie! Did you make soup, or chili, or stew?

Ann Made Studio said...

That's a lot of snow!!! We are having a snow day today too,however we didn't get as much as we thought.

Pam said...

Oh my! I can't believe what a crazy winter this has been.

My Life in the Charente said...

Oh wow that really does look chilly and not a good day to be outside. I thought spring was arriving here, but this is a reminder that the cold can return at any time for the next couple of months :-( Keep warm and dry Diane

grace said...

holy cow! while i like snow, i don't like it THIS much! i'm sure you're well stocked with food and the like. :)

Debbie Cook said...

Wow!! I know I'm a little late to this snow party, but I hope you and yours stayed warm and dry and could dig out gradually.

Nichole Burke said...

Look at all that snow! We got about 18" from Stella.