Sunday, February 14, 2016

Happy Valentine's Day!

I surprised my dearly beloved by spending time Friday and Saturday so that when he got up this morning, he found this on his place mat:


Strawberry pie, with whipped cream puffs outlining the heart.  Of course, he had a slice for his pre-breakfast appetizer, and then another for his post-breakfast dessert.

And, in the surprise of the decade, Saturday morning, when it was 4 degrees out, I had to open the door for these:

I felt bad for the flower delivery man, because the weather was frigid and windy from Friday to now.  But not so bad that I wasn't delighted to get roses for our 37th Valentine's day (and only the second time I've ever gotten Valentine's Day flowers).

I hope you are all staying warm and showering those you love with sweet nothings!

9 comments:

Big Dude said...

Roses for you and strawberry pie for him sounds perfect. I believe he knows how to handle the pie.

Rhodesia said...

Lucky you, beautiful roses. Don't think I have ever had roses on Valentine's day or not since being married anyway! Have a good week Diane

~~louise~~ said...

Sounds like you two had a loveee Valentine's Day Marjie. The pie looks festive and delicious! I'm glad the Roses made it through those temperatures. Lucky!

Thanks for sharing, Marjie...Whew, it's cold outside!!!

Linda said...

Sounds special..we had strawberry pie at a friends.

monica said...

wonderful! both of you being attentive and loving towards each other.
must say I am impressed - 37 valentine days together, and you're only 32 ! :)

grace said...

nice trade off! glad you had a sweet day. :)

Lapdog Creations said...

Nice exchange... Happy belated Valentine's Day!

Pam said...

That pie looks awesome. I have a feeling you made his day! The flowers are lovely. I have a feeling he made your day, too!

Sue said...

The pie looks delicious. Tell Hubbie that I like pie for breakfast too.