Monday, December 31, 2012

Merry Christmas, A Little Late!

I'll bet you all thought I fell off the face of the planet.  Nope.  Just year end tax planning crap and business crap intertwined with Christmas had me running at full speed.  So, let me show you some of the highlights of Christmas week with us:

 The kids played board games together.  Close observers will note that this Scrabble game is being played by about 7 people.  Games can be confusing hereabouts.

They played a large number of rounds of Apples to Apples.  That game is a hoot; fans of group games would really enjoy that one, and it's suitable for all ages!

Jeff and Ryan brought some whole walnuts home from the store, and spent a while cracking them bare-handed.  If George Washington could do it, my boys figure they should be able to do it, as well.
"The stockings were hung by the chimney with care..."  and all that.  It does appear that Santa put something in them.

Christmas breakfast is always prepared in advance, other than my famous punch.  Dan and Jeff both have the recipe now, so the tradition can carry on in perpetuity.
 This is me on  Christmas Eve, but I'm betting you guessed that already.  The choker was sent to me recently; it belonged to my maternal grandmother's aunt, and was purchased about 100 years ago.  The stone is said to be amethyst, but I don't know about that.  I do know that it's really pretty.
 And what would Christmas be without a feast?  Here's the standing rib roast, lovingly carved by Jeffrey.  Of course, sampling occurred.  How else would we know it was good enough for Christmas dinner?

The table looked good.

Everyone showed up, eager for food.
 Lastly, a picture of me with my girls.  Aren't they beautiful?
 My dress was made from a piece of white Panne Velvet which came in my last fabric shipment.  The fabric was simply beautiful, soft, warm and elegant.  And I didn't even spill my food on myself (which seems to happen alarmingly often; I think food is attracted to white clothing.  Eat spaghetti while wearing a white shirt some time.  I rest my case.)

And we had just a tiny bit of snow on Christmas.  Of course, we had 6" the day after Christmas, and another 6" on Saturday, so it's pretty white out there now.

Happy New Year to all of you out there in Blogville.  See you again soon!
 And what would Christmas be without a feast?

14 comments:

pam said...

Happy New Year Marjie!! Love the photos. Love the dress. AND totally love, love, love the choker!

gMarie said...

Beautiful choker - what a nice gift. The white dress is lovely and you are right - white attracts everything! So glad you had a nice holiday and got some snow for Christmas. g

Claire S. said...

Spaghetti and white clothing - not even in the same sentence LOL !

It looks like you all had a wonderful Christmas - wishing you and your family the happiest of New Years.

Dexter said...

A white dress and no spills. That's a great holiday.

Mango Momma

Rhodesia said...

Happy New Year to you and your family. I just love that choker I have one vaguely similar but yours is much nicer.
Keep well and I hope that 2013 will be a healthy and prosperous one for you all. Diane

SissySees said...

Beautiful women, beautiful choker, and fabulous food! I'm oddly attracted to cream right now for some reason. It just feels warm and cozy.

Happy New Year!

Sarah said...

Lots of good food! Would love to see more of that punch. It looks so good sitting on the table. Yes, your girls are beautiful and tall.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Marjie. (Probably real. I inherited an amethyst from my grandmother, so I guess it was a popular stone back in the day.)

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

Happy New Year Marjie. Wishing your family a healthy and happy New Year. No worries, and love, Carol (and Stella and Rory)

Lapdog Creations said...

Looks like it sure was Merry!

Big Dude said...

Hope you had a great one and New Year as well.

Blond Duck said...

Oh, I love that choker! So Victorian!

I want to go to your house for Christmas this year.

kathy b said...

WOW your choker is amazing. I cannot believe it is old. You look lovely with your girls. Happy NEW YEAR

monica said...

Such lovely times, family time with games, food and warmth. Handsome men and beautiful girls. You look amazing Marjie !