Saturday, November 7, 2009

Cranberry Sauce

So, when you made two loaves of my Cranberry Sweet Potato bread, that left you with part of a bag of cranberries, and wondering what their purpose in life is. I'm here to help.

WHOLE CRANBERRY SAUCE (Small Batch)

2 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup cold water

Combine all 3 ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, and cook for 5 minutes, until the berries pop. Cool and serve.

I normally prepare 3 bags at once for Thanksgiving dinner, so this was a tiny, simple batch. It was great with a small chicken dinner, and, of course, we had none left.

6 comments:

Jhonny walker said...

Thats how easy it is?? Wow. Thanks. I honestly would not guess :)

buffalodick said...

No little hint of orange? I make the stuff every year for my wife and brother-in-law.. I love cranberry juice, dried cranberries, but I don't like fruit on meat or poultry as a sauce!

Claire S. said...

So simple and so good ! Although, I learned to make mine at least a day in advance, right after the year it didn't set LOL

pam said...

You know, I've always wondered why we only have cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving.

SissySees said...

I love WARM cranberry sauce. I do add some orange peel and/or orange essence, and sprinkle with chopped pecans for presentation. I'd have it 365 days a year if I could.

The Blonde Duck said...

You are helpful indeed!