Friday, August 24, 2007

My Daughter Misses My Cooking!

My daughter called from college last night. She lives one building over from her brother, and they had dinner together last night, then she called me. She's convinced that there are an awful lot of people out there who simply don't care about their food or want to cook. She loves chicken; swears it's probably her favorite meat. But the chicken at college? Not such a treat. Veggies? Cooked? Green? No.....Grey! Salad? Wilty. Thank God for fruit. Do I think it will keep her from getting scurvy? Anyway, the kids are coming home for Labor Day weekend, to return my Suburban and take my son's car back to college, and wanted to be sure that I plan some really good food while they are here. "We probably won't be home until between 9 and 10 Friday night, so don't have dinner before then!" Well, at least she figured out how good food is at home a lot faster than at least one of her brothers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, that is the BEST compliment for any mom. My kids are too young right now ~ they just put up with my food. I hope someday one of them calls me and says, "Ma, I'm coming home this weekend. Could you please make me...(insert fabulous dish here)" :oD I'd be thrilled!